Kindness, compassion and acceptance can be difficult to give to others, especially in challenging situations. But it is often even more difficult to give kindness, compassion and acceptance to ourselves. For many of us, myself included, it is like an ability we didn’t get a chance to learn at school, or even at home, because our parents may have been too critical or distant or too focused on themselves. But regardless of what we missed out on earlier in life, we are now capable adults who can learn new skills.
Motivated by the pandemic lockdown, I am now offering online sessions focused on what is probably the most essential life skill during difficult times – self-kindness. In these sessions I take participants on an inner journey with guided meditations that help you to:
– form a stronger connection with your body, emotions and inner being,
– get to know your inner child and learn to comfort and look after him or her,
– learn to feel and embrace all emotions, not just the pleasant ones,
– discover the treasures hidden in your grief, sadness, anger and fear,
– meet your inner critic and turn this tormentor into a friend who supports you through the challenges of life,
– embrace what it means to be a perfectly imperfect human.
These are some of the stepping stones on the long and rewarding journey of developing a loving and supportive relationship with yourself. If reading this text strikes a chord and you feel a calling, you are warmly invited to join.
I offer these sessions online by using the Zoom video-conferencing software (free to download) so you can participate from the comfort of your own room. All you need is either a cellphone, a tablet computer or a laptop with an internet connection.
To see the session times and to register, follow this link:
Online Self-Kindness Meditation Group on Meetup.com
The first several sessions went very well and the feedback from the participants has been very positive. To my surprise, doing the meditations through video-conferencing seems to be just as powerful as doing them in person. Whether you’ve been to my sessions before or not, you are warmly welcome and I’m looking forward to seeing you there.